Friday, July 22, 2005

...down with prince...




I had to get out of town yesterday for a while and I didn't have time to post any soul. It just gave you more opportunities to download my latest mix, anyway. Even with the jetlag, you get a couple truly 'freaked' hits from the master and his students. To start off this terribly hot weekend, I'm giving you quite possibly the greatest Prince song ever from his best album ever, 'If I Was Your Girlfriend', which features his beautiful Camille falsetto, a subtle synth melody and a delicately vulnerable narrative. Just absolutely stunning. Following it up, you get the tribute from his followers, Hot Chip, who's big single from their first album professed their annoyance with purple-poseurs. Given my lifelong fascination with this man, and the continued confusion over his public life, I always appreciate an opportunity to point out all the reasons Prince Rogers Nelson rocks harder than anybody (except maybe JB). I'm even pretty sure they namecheck the song title in their lyrics, so listen closely. Oh yeah, to point you in a direction, they sound kind-uv-like the Beta Band with some extra funk. So dig into the master (and his disciples) of all things new, powerful, and generational with today's funky freak!

Prince
If I Was Your Girlfriend
Sign O' The Times
Warner Bros.


Hot Chip
Down With Prince
Coming On Strong
Moshi Moshi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home