Tuesday, July 19, 2005

...in the mountains...




We woke up this morning with a nice cool rainstorm, something we haven't seen in a while. I almost thought that August had started early this year, but standing on my porch just after I had gotten up felt wonderful. As I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and pretended to be in the mountains, a song popped into my head. Hence the impetus behind today's post. Astrud's voice is one of the most soothing sounds in the world, just like today's weather. And it seemed to be karma when I realized that the song was also recently redone by Ramble Jon Krohn for the 'Verve Remixed' series. So you get both the new hopped-up RJD2 version, and the original, no sugar added edition.

Astrud Gilberto
The Gentle Rain (RJD2 Remix)
Verve Remixed, Vol. 3
Verve


Astrud Gilberto
The Gentle Rain
The Shadow Of Your Smile
Verve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home